Monday, October 12, 2009

Obedience, Better Than Sacrifice

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

Our Lord's first obedience was to the will of his Father, not to the needs of men; the saving of men was the natural outcome of his obedience to the Father.

Oswald Chambers


Is that a wonderful statement or what? It is in our obedience to HIM that our ministry is made manifest. No other effort to save a lost world will be as effective as obedience first.

It brings about anointed ministry. Isn't that what we all want?

Have an obedient day.



Denise

3 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Hey Denise,

GOD FIRST always!!
Great reminder Denise!
Btw: I ALSO... LOVE the Phil 3:13-14 scroll you have that says to forget those things that are behind. THAT thought* is the perfect antidote if you mull over junk like I tend to do.
I'm clinging to that verse today.
Thanks girl!
Lea
holykisses xoxo
<*)))><

Andrea said...

This passage always touches my heart...b/c it reminds me that my roll is simply to obey...I do not need to worry about being perfect...simply obey and HE will do the rest.

Blessings, andrea

Karen said...

Amen...the anointing makes the difference...in any ministry....